Here’s the facts from our friends at SHAC:
- Design a 10m2 building that does not need building consent
- Deadline for entries to SHAC is 20 August 2012 12 noon [not long!]
- Submission is based around 2 x A3 presentation pages [not too much!]
- Conceive of a use for the building that does not require consent
- Submit your design, and an explanation about the building, how it is to be used, and how the building does not require a building consent.
- Explain the project and its purpose, it’s present and potential future uses.
- How it will be constructed
- What maintenance will be required
- How will it be supplied with any electrical power, if needed.
- A preliminary budget
- Best entries will receive awards & prizes
- Exhibition and presentation of awards in Christchurch, at the Festival of Transitional Architecture, Design and Building in Christchurch (Oct 19-27 2012)
- All Earthship related entries will be featured on earthship.co.nz!
- For more details go to: http://micro-architecture.shac.org.nz/wp/2012/03/01/10m2-challenge-2012/
So.. what are you waiting for!?!? Anyone offering to be part of a design team or needing assistance; just leave a comment below. Access to Mike Reynolds publications can be made available to anyone requiring them for the competition. Get creative, think off the page.